Saturday, March 22, 2014

Day 12 Recovery Day 11, 10

Woke up at around 8.  It was a long sleep and I dreaded waking up with the tightness of my calves.  Getting up was quite painful.  After a bit of warm up, I stretched my calves.  It was still pretty tight.  I did a few more every 30 mins and decided to take a shower to warm it up, hopefully letting it loosen a little bit.  After shower, calves were slightly better.  I continued my stretches and by noon, my calves were getting quite good.  I decided to go out today as walking seem a lot better.  Went out at around 1 and I can definitely tell my walking improved.  I still get tired when I'm standing still though.  I went to Ewa and shopped a bit.  It was nice there because there were lots of benches around so I could have a seat every time I get tired.  I rested my legs a few times and at around 3, I sat down and stretched my legs out horizontally for about 30 mins while waiting for the other former who was visiting Park today.  We met up at 4 and walked abit.  By then my legs were getting really tired and I can tell it's going to get pretty swollen.  I can definitely tell my right is a lot more swollen.  Before surgery, I'm not able to wrap my 2 hands around my calves (thumb to thumb and middle finger to middle finger).  But now, I can wrap around my calves with a bit of loose space in between.  However, my right calf still have about a 1.5 cm distance when I try wrapping my hands around it.  This gives an indication as to how badly swollen my right calf is.  After a while, we sat down for dinner and I tried to raise my legs horizontally as often as possible.  I did not do any stretches throughout the day and felt pretty bad.  Walking got a lot more tiring and also a lot slower.  Definitely not as good as when I first came out.  Got back to residence at around 730 and diligently did my stretches and elevated my legs.  Hopefully swelling will not be too bad.  After a few stretches, I took another shower.  I'm hoping the warm showers would help blood circulation thus reduce the swelling.  Stretching is a lot easier now but hopefully will remain this way tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment