Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Day 9 Recovery Day 8, 7 (Aspiration #2)

One week post op for calves.  Woke up with extreme tightness.  Was a bit disappointed.  Spent a long time trying to stretch them out.  Could manage to get to 711 to buy breakfast.  Showered and the steam sort of relaxed the muscles a little.  Right leg is definitely more swollen and tight than left leg.  Limped to clinic and arrived at 130.  Waited until past 230 before they were free to aspirate my legs.  Aspiration seem even more painful than last time, not sure why.  Right leg took a long time and was very painful.  I asked Park how much was extracted and he said 15 in left and 60 in right.  I said wow that's a big difference and he said yes right is more swollen.  Didn't give any explanation or suggestions so I didn't bother asking either.  I asked if he thinks i'll need to do aspirations myself and he said yes probably 3-4 times.  Shit I really can't imagine doing it myself.  I hope I can get everything extracted before I leave.  Afterwards the nurse asked me to do stretches.  Because of the long wait, my legs were getting tighter again so I opened my legs wider to do the belly stretch.  The nurse said I need to put my legs together and do the stretch.  It was almost impossible.  She pushed my back towards the wall and it was extremely painful.  I held it in and wished she would stop soon.  I was really sweaty afterwards.  Then I did the squat and she pushed me down really low to the floor.  Again it was really painful and by the time I'm done, I'm sweaty and dizzy.  The nurse got me to sit for a while before leaving so I rested a bit.  I realized my walking is even worse after the aspiration.  My right leg hurts so much that I'm walking with a very severe limp.  I got back to the residence and scared Bok Soon a bit because I was walking fine when I left.  Got back to room and couldn't even make myself do a small stretch so I emailed Park.  I took a nap after that because my energy was drained back in the clinic when I was forced into a big stretch.  Didn't fall deeply asleep as every now and then I'd flex my toes back to make sure my legs aren't fully cramped.  Woke up after a while and saw Park's reply asking me to stretch slowly and can put a warm towel on my calf.  Stretched a few more times and it did seem to get a little better.  Decided to go out to Gangnam station for some shopping.  Had to take a few rests along the way but arrived there with about an hour to spare before the shops closes.  The way back was tougher because it was very crowded with no seats available.  Did manage to make it back to residence at around 11pm.  Did stretches until about 130.

No comments:

Post a Comment