Friday, March 14, 2014

Day 2 OZ Calf Reduction Recovery Day 1

Almost backed out from this surgery as I was feeling really weak and a bit dizzy.  Walked to OZ as it was quite near.  I arrived at 945.  Surgery was at 10 so nurse helped me settle down and asked me to change into robes.  Dr. Park measured my calves again and took a few pictures.  The measurements were the same 40cm.  I asked him if i should take the sineech pills and he asked whether i've taken any yet.  I said no so he told me to take 1 tablet right away.  The other 2 will be taken after the surgery.  After that, I was taken to the operation room.  The anethesia doctor told me to lie on my side curled up like a ball.  Then he injected the anethesia into my spinal area.  It wasn't very painful just uncomfortable.  After that my lower body started to have a weird feeling and it started going numb.  The anethesia doctor used a cold cotton swab to touch my leg and my chest area.  I couldn't feel anything on my leg but could feel the coldness of the cotton swab on my chest.  The anethesia
is working.  I was then told to lie on my back and I was put to sleep.  The operation started at around 11:30 and when I woke up, it was only 12:45.  I was really surprised how quick it went and how fast I woke up.  I couldn't go to sleep for some reason and the nurse won't let me eat or drink.  I was extremely thirsty and felt really uncomfortable.  I asked how long I'll have to wait before I could eat and drink again.  The nurse said 4 hours, which would be 5:00.  It was the longest 4 hours of my life. I tried to sleep it off but couldn't because of the pain.  After a while, the pain was so unbearable that I had to shout for the nurse.  I was really upset at this point because nobody came in to see how I was doing and I felt like they wouldn't even know if i suddenly passed out in the room.  A nurse finally came in when she heard me shouting and I asked her for painkillers.  She changed my drip and i think she added some painkillers in there.  It felt a bit better and I asked again when I could drink water.  She told me around 7pm and I think i couldn've fainted right there.  She was quite nice and was sympathetic though and asked if i was really hungry.  I was allowed to drink water after that so it wasn't as bad.  I drifted in and out of sleep for a bit until around 6.  The nurse came and asked what I'd like to eat.  I wanted porridge but she didn't seem to understand me.  She came back with a take out menu but it was all in Korean and the only thing i knew was japchae.  She ordered it for me and prepared the food for me to eat in bed.  It was really oily and was hard to eat because of the swelling on my face.  I took a few bites and wanted to go to the washroom.  She helped me get up slowly and I was able to walk to the washroom with my drip.  I think I was able to walk around a bit before going back to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment